Silk Island Lunch Cruise
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Hotel pickup included
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Journey begins with free hotel pickup inside Phnom Penh. Upon boarding you will receive a free Sunset Cocktail.
After departure, at approximately 12pm, a lunch is made from fresh, local, organic food is served that is prepped and cooked just for you on the boat in a stainless steel kitchens; never on land hours before, and definitely not on a rusty charcoal grill. No food is frozen or foreign. No fish from the river is served, ever. Salad, spring rolls, organic brown rice, curry, fruit, fresh bread, sandwiches, and a variety BBQ with Texas-style BBQ and Asian teriyaki sauce is available. There are low-carb, vegetarian, vegan, and halal options available.
At the bar, most any cocktail can be made, but be sure and try an original signature cocktail. Local and imported beers, as well as wines by the glass or carafe. Fresh, locally grown coffee beans are ground just before brewing to ensure fantastic espresso, and coffee.
Cruising along the Phnom Penh riverfront, enjoy the view from the upper deck or down on the main deck for a more cozy experience near the bar. Passing the Royal Palace, see the junction of the Tonle Sap, Mekong, and Bassac Rivers. Up the Mekong River you will see floating villages and fishing families living on their boats. The trip to Silk Island takes about 1 hour.
Docking at Silk Island you are a short ride away from the silk farms. Along the way you can view plantations and see village life. A traditional pagoda nearby is also an active monastery. This is not a tourist attraction, be respectful. At the silk farms you can watch the intricate process of silk being made from larvae to finished goods. Tour guides will be provided.
The boat will be open for food, drinks, relaxing or for using the facilities while in port.
On the 1-hour ride back to Phnom Penh cool off with a cocktail. Snacks will be provided, if the lunch option was purchased.
The cruise boat is a newly constructed vessel designed solely with lunch/dinner cruising in mind. With 365 degree views from the top, it has 140 seats with a rustic, wooden, Cambodian design with modern touches. It is equipped three toilets, men’s, women’s, and staff’s, running water from fresh water tanks, and a water filtration system for clean, purified drinking water. Hygiene, safety, and guest satisfaction are the priorities. A large commercial kitchen with floor to ceiling stainless steel walls and appliances, and rubber flooring is designed to prepare food for up to 120 guests in short order. The boat is licensed, inspected, and has staff that is well-trained in safety and first-aid procedures, with flotation devices, safety equipment, and fire extinguishers onboard. No other boat in Phnom Penh can offer you all of these things.
In front of the Tourist Information Center, riverside, Phnom Penh.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
4 hours (approx.)
Same as departure location.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Passengers’ name entered in the booking form must be same as per passenger’s passports. Incorrect names may cause penalties or invalidation of travel vouchers.
• For entry visa and transit visa, passports should have a minimum of 6 month’s validity after completing the journey.
• Should any Entry Visa or Transit Visa Not be included in Package, LEx. will assist you in obtaining such required documentation, where necessary. We are here to ensure your Vacation / Trip is hassle free.
• It is passenger’s responsibility to check carefully for any errors made in the booking details, flight itineraries and travel vouchers immediately upon getting them.
• Please pay attention to the billing currency indicated on the package. Billing currency would be the currency in which you will be billed in.
• Prices are subject to surcharges during Peak season and Holiday season.
• Legends Express Travel staff provides advisory information but do not undertake any responsibility whatsoever for any changes of information.
• Prices and ticketing conditions are subject to change without prior notice before issuance of travel voucher.
• Prices are not guaranteed until travel vouchers are issued and full payment has been received.
• Legends Express Travel reserves the right to cancel any bookings
• Any cancellation /amendment will be subject to charges. Please refer to Legends Traveler Cancellation/Amendment Policy.
• All packages are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
• Any amendment after travel vouchers have been issued will be considered as a cancellation of the existing booking. Cancellation charges will be applied accordingly. Please refer to Legends Traveler Cancellation Policies.
• Email address must be correctly furnished. As a customer, you agree to accept email as a means of communication and delivery of Travel vouchers and confirmation of your booking. In doing so, you agree not to hold www.legendstraveler.com liable for any non-receipt of travel voucher or email confirmation.
• As an additional measure to protect our customers, www.legendstraveler.com may request for photocopies of your credit card (back and front) and a Credit Card Authorization Payment Form to exclude the possibility that the card is being used by a third party, even after payment has been made. As a customer, you agree to cooperate and provide the necessary documents to www.legendstraveler.com if such a need arises.
• Tickets/Vouchers are not to be used for touting purpose.
• Tickets/Vouchers are sold for foreign/local and inbound visitors to the Attraction/Activity/Tour or Vacation